Middle East / North Africa
- Portland, Oregon, July 2017. Workshop on self-publishing educational materials for PIVOT.
- Fullerton, California, January 26, 2008. Full-day workshop for CATESOL Orange County on teaching writing.
- East Lansing, Michigan, October 12, 2007. Full-day workshop for the Michigan ESL Professional Advisory Committee on teaching writing and meeting standards for adult ed ESL programs.
- Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, 1998 – 2001. Periodic workshops at Central Michigan University for the Writing Center staff on coping with international students’ writing, the College of Business Administration faculty on intercultural awareness, and incoming international students in the MBA program.
- Santa Cruz, Bolivia, January 2019. National conference plenary and workshops around the city on using coursebooks effectively and classroom management.
- Santiago and surrounding areas, Chile, September 2018. t]Teadcher training workshops on teaching speaking, integrated skills, and study skills.
- Huancayo and Lima, Peru, February - March 2017. Workshops on academic writing, business English, and teaching study skills.
- Belem, Salvador, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Riberão Preto, BeloHorizonte,and Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 2016. Workshops on classroom management, teaching study skills, using a coursebook effectively, and teaching integrated skills.
- Guayaquil, Ecuador, May 2016. Workshops on materials development and ebooks.
- Managua, Nicaragua, December 2014. Workshops on teaching vocabulary and teaching writing.
- Santiago, Chile, July 2014. Workshops on teaching writing, classroom management, teaching skills, and using coursebooks effectively.
- Mexico City, Toluca, Puebla, Léon, Culiacán, and Monterrey,Mexico, February 2012. Workshops on teaching skills in integrated courses and on using coursebooks effectively.
- San José, Costa Rica, January 2012. Workshops on professional development and teaching writing.
- Paris, France, July 2017. Workshop for EdYOUFest on self-publishing.
- Kavala and various sites in Northern Greece, October-November 2013 and November 2014. Taught business English, academic writing, and presentation skills to Technological Education Institute undergraduate and graduate students. Gave teacher-training workshops on teaching skills, using coursebooks, teaching writing, communicative activities, and classroom management for at various locations, as an English Language Specialist for the U.S. Department of State.
- Lviv, Ukraine, April 2003. A variety of teacher-training workshops to ESL faculty at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.